Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Buns in the Oven

As many of you know we're on a never-ending quest to get the boys to try new foods. Last week we were trying to stretch the food we had in the house so we had breakfast for dinner - one of our favorite meals! The only problem was we were out of bread and that meant the boys wouldn't get their beloved sprinkle toast. Then I remembered a fun little thing my mom used to make for us - Buns in the Oven! All you do is generously butter any type of leftover bun you have, sprinkle it with copious amounts of cinnamon sugar and pop it under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Delicious!! And I know that it doesn't really constitute a new food but it does look different and they did try (and loved!) it so I give them credit.

You didn't think I meant the other type of bun in the oven did you??

No comments:

Post a Comment