Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cabinet Stain

These aren't the best pictures in the world. When I was there they were spraying some type of protective coating on the cabinets so everything is a little foggy. But, I think you can get a pretty good idea of how they look anyway. I am so happy with how the stain color turned out! It was a tough decision and it look a long time with many different attempts to get the right color but it was worth it!





And we now have a garage door. It looks nice but a little out of place since nothing else on the outside of the house is white yet. I think once all of the trim is painted along with the columns it will look terrific. Eli, on the other hand, is NOT happy! When we pulled up today he started crying because according to all that is correct in his world the garage door should be red. I mean, of course it should be. Kind of like the hard wood floors have no business whatsoever looking like wood - they should have been painted to look like an e-merican flag! Seriously, he was just disgusted with us for not knowing this. As if!


And here are my sweet, funny, silly, cute boys playing in the garage at the house today. Take a close look at the first picture of Henry - notice anything different? That's right - Henry lost his first real loose tooth. Exciting stuff! Although it only turned exciting after the pulling of the loose tooth was over - before that it was pure torture. Once he figured out that it didn't hurt even one tiny bit he was pretty happy. And once again the tooth fairy came through!






20 days until closing!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love your house and the colors are great. The fireplace is my favorite from what I saw of the pictures. -Chrisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It has been fun reading and seeing the progress. Makes me miss our new house construction process 5 long years ago! I love all the choices you made. When I see the photos, I think "That's exactly what I would've picked, too!". Enjoy your new home. :-)

    ReplyDelete