Saturday, September 17, 2011

Vincent Price vs. James Earl Jones

The boys had a pretty long week. They were up early, to bed late, at school and before school care all day. They are tired. I'm tired. Troy's never tired.

Anyway, Eli's been having nightmares. It took a while but I finally got him to give me some hints about his dreams. I don't know why but I was so worried that his dreams were a deeper sign of some horrible thing that's happening in his real life that I don't know about so I really tried hard to get some info out of him.

I told him about the recurring nightmare I had as a kid, which was terrifying!! Really, so terrifying. Here's how it always went: I would get stuck in the bathroom at a family friend's house (the bathroom right off the kitchen at the Dickmans for those of you in the know). Then I would realize there was a tunnel off one side and I would walk down it and it turned into a cave. In the cave I would encounter Vincent Price - as in the Tiki Cave scene from "The Brady Bunch: Hawaii Bound." It played out from there ... it was super scary.



It turns out that Eli's nightmare was about a cave too. The clues he gave me was that it was about a guy he kinda knew, from a movie that started with "S." Well, if you know anything about Eli you know that it was Darth Vader from Star Wars. As soon as I guessed he immediately started crying and was so scared. He told me that he was Luke and it was in the cave where Yoda lives and he had to fight Darth Vader except he didn't even have a "lifesaver." Poor little guy - that is scary!


So, who do you think is scarier - a bean-making cave-bound Vincent Price who talks to a Tiki named Oliver or Darth Vader trying to kill you with a lifesaver? Eli wins. Hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment