Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tornados in the Metro and still there was progress!

Wednesday was a very strange weather day - chilly, cloudy, rainy, windy - not tornado weather. Around 2:30 I got an email from Troy letting me know that he was safe even though a tornado had touched down in downtown Minneapolis. It was not terribly close to his work and not heading in his direction but still...

I decided that since it hadn't started raining until around lunchtime that maybe the crew had had a chance to work a bit on the house so I took a quick detour from picking up H&E and drove up to the lot. On my way the radio weather guy was saying that the tornado warning was currently centered around Shoreview, Arden Hills, etc - right around our lot. When I got there the sirens were going off but really, it was fine. It was raining but that was it. I was able to snap a couple of photos from under my umbrella.

Good thing I was quick because when I got to daycare the boys were in the center's tornado shelters, which are their bathrooms. Yuck! And to make matters worse they were being served their snacks in there. I was more than happy to rescue them from that. Of course the center has to follow their protocol but really, snacks in the bathroom is just a little too gross from me. I felt bad for everyone involved because clearly it was a stressful situation for the teachers and for the kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment