Thursday, September 23, 2010

Big Red!

And here it is in all it's glory - the big red cast. Eli's been back at school for the last 2 days and has done great. I wasn't so sure that he'd make it all day but he's a champ. I think the distraction of school and his friends is the perfect remedy for his pain. He did have one instance where he couldn't or didn't want to ask for help getting to the bathroom so he just peed behind a tree on the playground. Interesting. I will say, though, that he can be pretty cranky by the time he gets home - not that I blame him. Overall I think Eli is doing really well. We're not really giving him much in the way of pain meds now - trying to use Motrin for the most part.

And we had our first adventure in bathing this person. I guess we were successful in that the cast didn't get wet but I can't say the same for us, the 4 towels we used and the bathroom. Geez. Any and all ideas for a better way to do this would be fantastic!

Today we got to meet with Henry's teacher for our first conference. She told us that Henry is doing really well - that he fits right in, he has friends and kids want to hang out with him, and that he's doing well with his school work. It's really all we could ask for. I'm just so happy that he's happy!! Clearly I was much more worried than I needed to be on his behalf.

Kids are so resilient!

No comments:

Post a Comment