Friday, September 10, 2010

Week One - Success!

We did. Well, I should say the boys did it. They successfully made it through the first week (OK it wasn't a full week but still) at their new school. I've spoken to both of their teachers and received glowing reports for each of them. And the (kinda limited) news I get after school each day from the boys is filled with joy. Hurray! Now that we're over that hump we can work on important things like homework, making friends, figuring out the library, etc. Let the games begin.

The other night after Troy got home and we were chatting before dinner I said to him "we're livin' the dream!" I'm pretty sure he thought I was kidding but I so wasn't. We have these great kids who are happy and healthy, we have jobs that allow us the flexibility to take care of them like we want to, we have a great house with awesome neighbors, truly wonderful family and friends, food on the table, clothes on our backs - what more is there?

OK universe... just because I put that in writing does not mean you need to take a crap on us ;-)

And without further ado - pictures of Eli's first day at ED Williams.





And because I think you probably didn't believe me before... here's proof that Eli's teacher is, indeed, named after an animal. You'd think this kid has lived in a cave his whole like thinking this one little thing is so crazy.


And coming soon to a blog near you - stories about camping with fugitives, adventures in landscaping, eating our hearts of at the state fair, Eli's impression of a venus fly trap, and much more! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment